K-Rod Gets Into The Rivalry

Francisco Rodriguez already proclaimed the Mets the “team to beat” when the Mets first acquired him. But on Saturday, he wanted to make sure everybody heard.


“Whatever [the Phillies] did last year, they already got paid. Whatever they
did, I have all the respect in the world. They worked hard and they deserve it.
This is a different year and different ballclubs now. I don’t want to make any
controversy, but with me and [J.J.] Putz and the additions in the bullpen, I
feel like now we are the team to beat.”
Ruben Amaro Jr. still is confident that the Phillies are the team to beat.

"Frankly, I have a lot of faith in our guys," Amaro said. "People say, 'Well,
they won a world championship, and now they're just going to coast.' I don't
think we have that kind of makeup on our club. I think we have the kind of
leaders in Brad Lidge and Jamie Moyer and Chase Utley and Jimmy Rollins where I
don't think they'll let that happen."

Victorino agrees.

"Everybody is going to come after us. Everybody knows we have the target on our
back. We're ready to defend it."

The rivalry seems to intensify every day. I don't know about you, but I can't wait until these two teams meet in May.

Whether it's a Phillies or Mets player, they can talk the talk, but they still need to walk the walk.

QUOTE SOURCE: New York Daily News

0 comments:

Post a Comment