Myers Slims Down

Ryan Howard wasn't the only Phillies player who slimmed down this offseason. Brett Myers reported to camp 30 pounds lighter.

"Winning the World Series was great, but personally I had a bad taste in my
mouth this winter because of how badly I pitched in the first half of the
season," the righthander said. "I needed to get in better shape so we don’t have
to fight to get into the playoffs the last three weeks."

"I wanted to feel like I was in better shape and show my dedication to this
team so I can go out and pitch better. I need to start stronger. I lost nine
games in the first half. It would have made a big difference if I had pitched
better."


After being recalled from the minors, Myers had a 3.06 ERA in his final 13 starts of the season. Myers, who will make $12 million this year, becomes a free agent after this season.

"I’m not going to worry about [free agency.] I’d like to stay in Philadelphia,
but ultimately it’s going to come down to how I pitch. If I end up staying here,
that will be good for me and my family, because the organization has been great
to me and we like living there."

QUOTE SOURCE: Philly.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment