Dutch, Upton Talk Game 6

Our friend Kirk Reynolds from PlayMaker Mobile was kind enough to send over another interview. Once again, Darren Daulton and BJ Upton chime in.

Dutch Says: "Alright, so Rocky knocked the Bronx Bombers down last night. Secret is to keep them down. There is a rumor that Curt Schilling is going to pitch game 7 for the Phils, so we sent out to get the sock--it should be here soon and if not, some nice fellows from the deli down the street offered to bring us a couple red socks, if it will help the Phightins down the Bronx Bullies.

So, we’ll see Pedro for game six. I mentioned earlier in the series that the Phightins owe Pedro…we still do. How great will it be if Pedro throws another gem in New York? Also J.A. Happ is still available and rested. I am sure Charlie has him slated somewhere down the road.

Total city effort [Monday] night--the crowd was outrageous--I love Philadelphia fans, and now it’s time to put up or go home. I think we'll be in New York for a couple more days…
So game 6 we start Pedro--game 7 Schill (haha), but both Yankee killers… what is that old saying… the enemy of my enemy is my friend… I love Boston… Let the Yankee curse begin…..

Phils in seven….MVP Chase Utley with seven home runs… that’s right tough guys from New York he ain’t done yet…and he loves playing in your yard…. with that nice short porch… ouch …now you will see the Phils bats come to life…. "

BJ Upton also talked to Reynolds about the rest of the series.

Upton Says: "When I faced Pedro he still had his 93/94 speed, and I still think he's as good now, and he knows how to pitch in big games, just like Andy Pettitte. They've both been in this situation a number of times, and probably against each other, on the biggest stage in America, with the biggest rivalry in baseball with the Red Sox and Yankees. I think it's gonna be a great matchup with two veteran pitchers who know what they're doing and who know what they want to do, so I think it's going to be a pitcher's duel the whole game.

If I had to face one of them with the game on the line, I'd go with Andy Pettitte, but only because he's a lefty and also I haven't seen Pedro in a number of years, but Pettitte I've obviously faced recently.

Keep an eye out for A-Rod and Teixeira in Game 6. Teixeira has been kinda quiet the whole series, and it's time for him to break out a bit these last couple games. And on the other side of the field I'm gonna stick with Jayson Werth. He hasn't really fully shown up yet but he's helped out that team, and he's the guy I'm watching in Games 6 and maybe Game 7.

And also watch the BULLPENS! That's what let the Yankees get back into it the other night. Enjoy Game 6."

Thanks again to Kirk Reynolds!

0 comments:

Post a Comment