Burrell To Attend Ring Ceremony

Also shown on Philliesnation.com

In Clearwater on Saturday, Pat Burrell received a standing ovation from Phillies fans. At Citizen’s Bank Park on April 8, 2009, Burrell will receive his World Series Championship ring.

“Fortunately, it works out for me that we’re going to be in Boston. So, I can
shoot over. The Phillies have a day game. So, I’ll be able to come over and jump
right back on a flight. That’s just a coincidence. Fortunately for me, it worked
out. I had heard that was going to be the date. Obviously, they weren’t moving
the date around for my schedule. But it just happened to work out, and I was
glad.” Burrell said.

Not only will Burrell be present for the ring ceremony, Chris Wheeler announced during yesterday’s broadcast that the Phillies will honor Burrell at Citizen’s Bank Park prior to their exhibition game against the Tampa Bay Rays on Friday, April 3.

QUOTE SOURCE: Deleware Online

0 comments:

Post a Comment