Donald Picking It Up

If you are a big fan of Jason Donald like me, please join this Facebook group!

Jason Donald entered camp with the Philadelphia Phillies as a non-roster invitee. Everybody figured he'd earn the starting job at short for the Lehigh Valley IronPigs, but Donald is making a case to win a spot on the Major League roster.


"I'd rather be in the big leagues," Donald said. "That's the ultimate goal for
anybody who signs a contract. If they feel like I'm ready to do that and take on
that role, I'll gladly accept that. If they feel like I need to play more in
Triple-A and get more at-bats, then I'll do that, too.


Because of injuries to Chase Utley, Pedro Feliz, and Jimmy Rollins' absence due to the World Baseball Classic, Donald is getting a lot of playing time, appearing in 10 games this spring. He also has played in 2 exhibition games against Canada and the United States.

After a slow start, Donald has picked up the pace. In 29 at bats, Donald has 11 hits, a .379 average. Donald is 8 for his last 11 at-bats. Donald also has 2 RBI, 6 walks, 6 runs, and just 4 strikeouts. In the game against the United States, Donald homered off Matt Thorton.

"The more you're around it, the more you watch, the more you learn," Donald
said. "Really, that's what I'm trying to do right now: learn as much as I
possibly can about how the game is played up here, how certain guys approach
certain at-bats."

QUOTE SOURCE: Phillies.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment