Injury Report

The Phillies were able to remain healthy in 2008 which was a big factor to winning the World Series. In 2009, the Phillies have had a few hit by the injury bug so far.

Chase Utley is taking his final steps to getting closer to Grapefruit League action. Utley could appear in games as early as next week.

Pedro Feliz played in Friday's game against the Pirates. He was 0-2, but says there is no doubt he will be ready for opening day. He also appeared in a simulation game on Wednesday.

After recovering from a shoulder injury suffered earlier in the spring, Jayson Werth experienced "a little tweak." Scheduled to play in Thursday's game, he was scratched from the lineup due to a groin injury.

Chris Coste and Chad Durbin both returned from hamstring pulls. On Wednesday, Coste was 1-2 with a home run during a simulated game.

Durbin allowed 2 hits and one run and struck out one in one inning of work. Durbin didn't feel any pain while pitching.

Brad Lidge also pitched in the simulated game on Wednesday. Lidge allowed a home run and struck out a batter in an inning of work.

"I felt good," Lidge said. "I actually felt a little better than I thought I
would feel. I think the slider was better than it usually is this time of year.
My fastball didn't feel great, so I'll definitely have to work on that location.
That's pretty standard for me in Spring Training."

QUOTE SOURCE: Phillies.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment