Phillies Win Third In A Row

The Phillies won their third straight game, beating the Toronto Blue Jays 12-7.

J.A. Happ and Carlos Carrasco each pitched 3 innings. Happ gave up 2 earned runs. Carrasco gave up 5 runs, 3 earned.

The Phillies trailed 7-2 in the 5th, but rallied in the 6th, putting up a 6 spot. Ryan Howard and Jeremy Slayden each hit home runs. John Mayberry also drove in two runs.

In the B game, Jamie Moyer and Joe Blanton each pitched 3 scoreless innings and struck out 4 batters.

Jason Werth played his first game of the spring during the B game and went 0-2.

Brad Lidge, who experienced tightness in his forearm, threw a bullpen session today.

"It went really good," he said. "I felt for the first time this spring like I
have a fighting chance at getting somebody out. Before I was wondering how I was
going to do it. The tightness is pretty typical for me coming into spring
training. I'm trying to throw in Colorado, but I can't get a ton of work in
there. Then we come here and I'm throwing a lot. I go through a phase where I
have tightness and stiffness and deadness and all the above."

QUOTE SOURCE: The Zo Zone

0 comments:

Post a Comment