Fan Posts: Utley

This is a post written by Gina R.

If you would like to write a post and feature it on Swing and a Long Drive, please e-mail me at amanda@swingandalongdrive.com. Also, please e-mail any questions. I would like to start a "Mailbag" feature.

Not only do I think Chase Utley is the best player on the Phillies, but one of the best in the league. Chase is pretty consistent (except when he's hurt). He is terrific defensively, making everything look easy. It can be a routine play, a double play, flipping the ball to first or second with his glove, or even throwing it from his knees. He showed his great defense in one of my favorite plays during the World Series, faking the ball to first, then throwing home for the out.

Offensively, he can hit the ball right out of the stadium. I think he can hit around 35 home runs this year.

He is unbelievably handsome and I've been a huge Chase Utley fan since he was called up. On May 26th , 2009, I got Chase's autograph. This was without a doubt the best day of my life! I will never forget him smiling at me with his blue eyes saying "you're welcome, sweetheart."

He is amazing. Chase Utley, you are the man!

Call of the Day: Chase Utley gave the Phils an early lead in May of 2008.


"Long drive, fair or foul? Fair ball! OUTTA HERE! Chase Utley!
With his league leading twelfth home run of the year, has given the Phillies a 2
to nothing lead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg this is the best article everr! ahaah chasee utley is amaaazzingg<3

Anonymous said...

bestt article ever because it talks about chase utley(best baseball player everr!) keep up the good work with saying awesome things about chase<3 :D

Jay Floyd said...

Cool stuff. Get the readers involved. I like it.

Post a Comment